Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!




Happy Father's Day to everyone, I hope you all spent it with that special man. I sure did, and it was a lot of fun. I surprised Daddy with a handmade tie shirt that matched my son's onesie, it was the cutest thing and everyone loved it! And since he is a WoW addict, I created a special World of Warcraft greeting card.
We spent Father's Day with his family at a restaurant in Dobb's Ferry. After we were done with them, we went to go visit my Dad and spent the entire evening with him.

Here is how I created these cute tees. I first picked out the fabric I wanted to use, drew out the tie size I wanted on cardstock, then cut out the ties and the fabric. I used fusible web to be able to draw and stick the fabric easier to the shirt. After ironing the fabric to the fusible web, I drew on the back side of the fabric which is now attached to the web with a paper backing. I then cut it out and ironed it to the shirt. For added durability, I hand stitched the outlinie of the ties. Over time, the edges of the appliqué may fray but this only complements the look of the original design, giving it uniqueness.

If anyone is interested in getting a custom order like this, or a WoW greeting card, you may check out my shop www.daintycreations.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment