Friday, July 22, 2011

Baby Shower

Our baby shower was on June 25th. A friend of mine baked some yummy banana nut and red velvet cupcakes. I got the cupcake liners on Etsy as well as the cupcake stand. I wanted to keep the baby shower colors, black, white and pink with some damask. I added some pink glitter cut out paper butterflies, I used a cute paper punch from Stampin Up. And added them to most of the cupcakes, I also added some plastic diamonds that the banquet provided. The paper butterflies were also spread around the centerpieces of each table.










Cupcake Stand - http://www.etsy.com/listing/55434759/round-cupcake-stand-tower-small
Cupcake Liners - http://www.etsy.com/transaction/52239218
Butterfly Punch - http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=119848

As I mentioned before, I worked on about 50 pictures frames that the guest received as party favors. On the back of each frame, I added a small note - "Hans and Paola's Baby Shower. June 25th, 2011. Thank you for helping us with Aviana's arrival", lots of work, but everyone loved them!



My baby shower chair, wasn't the typical wicker one. I had purchased a very chic damask chair from Home Goods about a year ago, and figured it would be the perfect chair for our event.





The event was only for 4 hours, so we only got to play 2 games, one was a baby feeding game. Couples lined up, the men sat in chairs with bibs on, while the ladies were blind folded, the one who can feed their baby the fastest was the winner. That game was lots of fun, we had some "dirty" babies and tons of laughter! The second game involved the guest having to guess the measurement of my belly. My Mother came in fist place, and hubby in second! lol


I love Henna Tattoos, so we just had to hire a henna artist for all our guest =]



The food was yummy, the company was great, and the event was beautiful. Grateful to have it all in my life <3


No comments:

Post a Comment